I welcome it. What about you?
What am I looking forward to?
Last year, when the ball dropped and my Dad and I were slightly drunk, doing our best not to laugh at poor Dick Clark (come on, why do they still let him do the show???) I never thought I’d be where I am today. Last year, compared to now, I was a baby. I was a child with a pencil and a short story idea. And that’s all I had – ideas.
2011 let me bring those ideas to life. Pencils to pens to keyboards to manuscripts… to state documents to registering an actual company to seeing books hit the virtual world and become paperback books. To seeing reviews pour in – some good, some bad (each one thickening my heart and skin). To seeing numbers climb, fall, climb, fall, and climb… to seeing the actual bigger picture of this business and how to focus on it as a business and actually turn a profit.
More so… to the even more ideas that have come to me.
Without saying too much to piss off my partners (then again, I own the company), we have a HUGE line up for 2012.
As a sampler:
- A 4 book series with Book One due in January 2012 (with the potential series being done in 2012)
- A whopping 12 book series! Coming January/February 2012 (this one I am ‘ghost writing’ on)
- A potential men’s adventure/with-a-touch-of-sex series co-authored
- The Zombie Camp Trilogy from J Wiz
- The actual launch of the middle grade horror series from J Wiz
- A two part horror novella called Within the Walls
- ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES!
- And of course, some horror
Now, is this all me? Nah, we have a hell of a team going right now. But for 2012, it’s about production. It’s about words on paper and books being published.
I’m shifting the crap aside…. the worries of Amazon and KDP Select. The worries of advertising and marketing and Tweeting… I’m going back to where I belong – at the damn keyboard so I can entertain the hell out of you!
You should join me, it’s a fun place to be.